Tiny house, big rewards
New book explores science, faith, history
Students excel at Science Day
Tipp City artist’s work imitates life
Hiking and exploring
- Conagra ‘goes gold’ with EPA award - 4:15 pm
- Area briefs - 2:59 pm
- College briefs - 1:09 pm
- Karch honored for recycling efforts - 11:22 am
- Bethel student receives Muse Machine scholarship - 11:16 am
- View Story - 11:14 am updated: 11:14 am.
- View Story - 11:08 am
- Premier HealthNet launches E-visits for non-emergent needs - 11:02 am
- Community briefs - 10:16 pm
- Lights! Camera! Strawberries! - 9:00 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
- Fulker scholarship applicants sought - 2:58 pm
- Troy woman rips off Girl Scouts - 1:27 pm
- City waives fees for senior center - 10:57 pm
- Dog license fees to increase - 2:09 pm
- Event to benefit Special Olympics - 1:11 pm
- Pet of the Week - 9:14 am
- Marriage licenses - 9:55 pm
- Barton joins OSU Extension - 4:25 pm
- Drugs, cash seized in Concord Twp. bust - 3:05 pm
- Police reports - 2:23 pm
- Community briefs - 8:25 am
- Browse the historical society archives - 8:24 am
- Big Read Book chosen for 2017 - 11:18 pm
- WACO to host annual LEGO contest - 11:17 pm
- Hats raise awareness of heart defects - 11:16 pm
Lights! Camera! Strawberries!
TROY — Matt Watkins took his idea for the 2017 Troy Strawberry Festival theme down the yellow-brick road of memory lane on Wednesday.Watkins, th...
Fulker scholarship applicants sought
MIAMI COUNTY — The scholarship committee of the Miami County Bar Association has announced it is accepting applications for scholarship grant fr...
Troy woman rips off Girl Scouts
TROY — The Troy Police Department has charged one woman with theft for failing to return cases of Girl Scout cookies and its funds to the Girl S...
City waives fees for senior center
TIPP CITY — At their meeting Tuesday night, the Tipp City council voted to waive connection fees for the new Tipp City Senior Center.Council pas...
Dog license fees to increase
MIAMI COUNTY — Miami County dog owners will see an increase in license fees at the end of this year. The county commissioners voted Tuesday to a...
Event to benefit Special Olympics
WEST MILTON — The VFW Post 8211 Auxiliary is preparing for their 29th Annual Special Olympics Benefit, which will take place from 6-11 p.m. Sund...
Bulldog boys fall in opener
By Josh [email protected] MILTON — A missed layup at the end of the second quarter.Scattered possessions throughout spoiled by tu...
Tipp’s Colvin named 1st team All-Ohio
By Josh [email protected] COUNTY — Three Miami County boys soccer plays earned first-team All-Ohio honors this season.For one of...
Troy takes aim at new GWOC
By Josh [email protected] COUNTY — The Greater Western Ohio Conference may have a new look this year.But the Troy boys golf team...
Flashback Friday: Milton-Union
By Josh [email protected] MILTON — In Mark Lane’s third season as Milton-Union’s football coach, is Bulldogs showed w...
From Red Devils to Raiders
By Josh [email protected] CITY — For both Elias Jay Bell and Cameron Cahill, the amount of people they knew on their would-be col...
Brazil held to 0-0 draw by South Africa
BRASILIA, Brazil — Brazil started its quest for an Olympic gold medal in men’s soccer with a disappointing 0-0 draw against South Africa, ...
Stress shouldn’t be blamed for ulcers
By Rosanne Danielson, MDContributing columnistThose who worry that increased stress in their life may lead to a stomach ulcer need to understand that ...
Davidson seeking to ‘Drain the Swamp’
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Representative Warren Davidson of Ohio’s 8th Congressional District is introducing a bill today that would require...
UVMC hosting Treats for the Troops drive
TROY — The community is invited to join with Upper Valley Medical Center (UVMC) in collecting treats and other items for overseas military troop...
Appraisal fair brings unique items
To the Editor:The annual Tippecanoe Historical Society Appraisal Fair was held at the American Legion Post 586 on Jan. 21.Fifty people brought items t...
Phone survey to begin in county
Staff ReportsTROY — Miami County Public Health officials have announced a partnership with Wright State University to conduct a phone survey for...
Home is where the happiness is
As I write this, I am 35,000 feet above the ground hurtling away from my family at a rate of 450 miles per hour, bound for Los Angeles. I remember a t...
Miami East H.S. Choir students performed at OMEA contest
To the Editor:On Saturday, February 11, Miami East High Choir students performed at OMEA District XI Solo and Ensemble Contest. The event was hosted b...
When the nest empties, parents develop strange habits
Today I was reminded of some of my bizarre behavior the year our son moved out and started college. He is our only child, so the nest got quiet awfull...
Who to write
• Miami County Commissioners: John “Bud” O’Brien, Jack Evans and Greg Simmons, 201 W. Main St., Troy, OH 45373 440-5910; commi...
Putting the fun back in marriage
When I was 19, I made the brilliant career decision to minor in Psychology. Coupled with my English major, I was sure employers would be beating down ...
Technology connects, separates
The more we are “connected,” the less attached we become. At least that’s how it seems to me these days.Last weekend, Matt and I wen...