Miami County Fair Royalty crowned
Bookstore reconstruction to begin this summer
Old landmarks still remembered
Fire destroys Tipp bookstore
- ‘Rosie’ to make stop - 1:59 pm
- Community briefs - 10:42 pm
- Children’s Art Adventure scheduled - 10:39 pm
- Red Cross offers safety tips - 9:59 pm updated: 10:00 pm.
- Trustees discuss health, road safety - 3:12 pm
- Captured moments - 3:03 pm
- Children’s Art Adventure scheduled - 2:47 pm
- Board votes to stay on OSFC list - 12:28 pm
- Miami County Sherriff’s Office reports - 2:38 pm
- Tourism generates $165.8 million in 2015 - 7:58 pm
- Bethel Twp. joins OhioCheckbook.com - 7:23 pm
- College briefs - 7:03 pm
- Trustees discuss health, road safety - 2:55 pm
- Annual beer fest brewing in Piqua - 11:48 am
- Community briefs - 3:38 pm
- Coalition reports 2 fatals in county during quarter - 2:07 pm
- ‘Buckskin girl’ not from Ohio - 2:06 pm
- Tipp City woman who smuggled heroin into jail sentenced to prison - 1:16 pm
- Hiring issues delay IF opening - 1:12 pm
- Miami County Board of elections discusses issue with e-poll books - 1:11 pm
- Gotta catch ‘em all! - 1:08 pm
- Tipp pool enjoys profitable season - 5:09 pm
- Troy man sentenced to prison - 2:26 pm
- Police reports - 2:05 pm updated: 1:52 pm.
- Students awarded scholarships - 1:59 pm
- UVCC School of Nursing celebrates success - 6:27 pm
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:47 pm
- Wilson leads the way for TMS - 3:44 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 2:42 pm
- MCAS receives $50,000 grant via Ohio Ag Dept. - 1:14 pm
- Council honors superintendent - 9:21 am
- Bethel Twp. man’s trial continued - 9:56 pm
- Community briefs - 9:55 pm
- Ohio State Fair to begin July 27 - 4:00 pm
- Superheroes among us - 3:28 pm
- Finding Hope over Heroin - 3:07 pm
- Head Start taking enrollments - 3:05 pm
- Police reports - 3:04 pm
- PIH plans second annual community picnic - 2:57 pm
- Commissioners OK road program - 2:56 pm
- Trustees pass resolutions - 2:12 pm
- College briefs - 1:39 pm
- Woven coverlets to be displayed at Hayner - 9:51 am
- Community briefs - 10:07 pm
- Free lunch program - 2:35 pm updated: 2:35 pm.
- Y preparing for annual pool shut down - 2:26 pm
- Communities commemorate July 4 - 2:20 pm
- Suspected arrested in B & E - 2:08 pm
- Hospice seeks volunteers - 2:07 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 2:05 pm
Tourism generates $165.8 million in 2015
Staff ReportsTROY — The Miami County Visitors Bureau today released statistics detailing the impact of tourism in the Miami County area for the ...
Bethel Twp. joins OhioCheckbook.com
Staff ReportsCOLUMBUS — Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel has announced the launch of the Bethel Township online checkbook on OhioCheckbook.com. In Dec...
Students named to dean’s lists• SPRINGFIELD — Committed to academic excellence, Wittenberg University regularly recognizes students ...
Trustees discuss health, road safety
Staff ReportsMONROE TOWNSHIP — Monroe Township Trustees covered various informational issues at their July 18 meeting regarding health and road ...
Annual beer fest brewing in Piqua
PIQUA — Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around … and it will only cost you $30.That...
Vacation in the park continuesTIPP CITY — Want to send your kids to camp but don’t want them too far from home? Tipp Monroe Community Serv...
A bittersweet ending
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comTIPP CITY — After helping lead the Tippecanoe Red Devils to the regional championship game during her junior...
Students earn dean’s list honors• FINDLAY — The dean’s list for the fall 2015 semester at The University of Findlay has been a...
Henry takes RA postASHLAND — Tyler Henry of Covington is a resident assistant at Ashland University.Henry is majoring in sport communication.He ...
By David Fongdfong@civitasmedia.comTROY — Troy High School will celebrate a century of basketball against one of its oldest — and most fam...
Big 2nd half propels Devils to opening-night win
By Gary GregoryFor the Troy Daily NewsVANDALIA — The Tippecanoe girls overcame a sluggish first quarter Friday to post a 62-39 season-opening vi...
Indians off to hot start
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comWEST MILTON — Making school history may not be enough for the Newton Indians.Madison Mollette and Tatum McBr...
Stay safe (and legal) when using fireworks
By David Fongdfong@civitasmedia.comThe state of Ohio has some of the most restrictive fireworks laws in the country.So while a small number of firewor...
Berks celebrating 50 years
TIPP CITY — John and Kay (Oetzel) Berk of Tipp City, are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.Family and friends are invited to an open ho...
Locals to travel for summerNASHVILLE, Tenn. — Belmont will break its previous record of student travelers participating in summer study abroad o...
Children must be educated on pool safety
TROY — A pool can have a magnetic draw for children during the long, hot days of summer, but it can also be a source of tragedy if children and ...
Information provided by the Miami County Sheriff’s Office:May 20ID THEFT: A Pleasant Hill resident filed an identity theft complaint on station....
Paying off the unemployment debt
Some bills we pass in the Ohio Senate generate front-page headlines and constituent emails by the hundreds, while others travel through the legislativ...
Help be a match
By Tom KendallContributing columnistOn Aug. 1, 2011, our family’s world was turned upside down, for it was on this day that our youngest daughte...
This mom is all for Pokemon Go game
Unless you have been living under a rock this week, you’ve probably heard the gaming trend called Pokemon Go sweeping the nation.Since the game ...
Lazy summer days
I recently returned from a two week vacation to Florida. I am now sporting a nice tan and seven more pounds that I can’t even pretend is muscle ...
The language of love
Many couples have a special language all their own. The longer a couple is together, the more inside jokes and phrases evolve. Matt and I have a numbe...
Coming of age
I think of myself as middle-aged. I’m okay with that. I feel good, am enjoying good health and can get around in the box stores without one of t...