Hale-Sarver announces addition
Arts center seeks to unite community
Memories of The Rec
- Ohio pharmacies dispensing Narcan reaches 1,000 - 1:16 pm
- Pet of the Week - 12:24 pm
- Wound Care Center celebrates first anniversary - 11:13 am
- Minster Bank’s achievements acknowledged - 3:45 pm updated: 3:45 pm.
- Annual United Way campaign kicks off - 3:09 pm
- CBC to begin testing for Zika - 9:52 am
- Rotarians to participate in Peace Heroes Walk - 9:49 am
- Troy Rotarians welcome Behm - 2:05 pm
- Thwarted bank robber sentenced in court - 7:58 pm
- Commissioners award bid - 4:45 pm
- Students participate in summer reading - 3:51 pm
- Community briefs - 3:09 pm
- Korean War Era photos sought - 2:05 pm
- Man dies in single-car crash - 2:00 pm
- ART for ALL! event set - 2:00 pm
- Police reports - 1:59 pm
- View Story - 1:58 pm
- Festival to benefit food pantry - 1:49 pm
- Pet of the Week - 1:02 pm
- YMCA offering lifeguard certification course - 5:01 pm
- Second Story Secrets returns to Troy - 4:51 pm
- Be the Match event upcoming - 4:37 pm
- ART for ALL! event set - 3:35 pm
- MCSO to offer citizen’s police academy - 12:06 pm
- Hale-Sarver announces addition - 4:45 pm
- Bodega has ribbon cutting - 4:21 pm
- Sisters in service - 5:43 pm
- Trustees hear new senior center update - 3:53 pm
- Community briefs - 8:21 am
- The sweet sound of sales - 10:56 pm
- Commissioners approve purchases - 10:50 pm
- Free joint pain seminar offered - 10:49 pm
- Fair results - 10:21 pm
- View Story - 9:48 pm
- Vandalia man arrested for alleged robbery - 9:45 pm
- Council hears from police chief - 9:40 pm
- View Story - 9:39 pm
- Vandalia man arrested for alleged robbery - 1:30 pm
- For the love of carbs - 4:01 pm
- Police reports - 3:42 pm updated: 3:14 pm.
- Thirfty teen queen - 3:33 pm
- Steer clear of Thompson in the ring - 2:30 pm
- Board discusses construction funding - 2:23 pm
- Verhoff returns to Tipp HS as principal - 12:45 pm updated: 12:45 pm.
- Community briefs - 8:18 am
- Legion auxiliary awards scholarship - 3:37 pm
- Legion awards scholarships - 3:18 pm updated: 3:11 pm.
- Retired inspired - 2:28 pm
- Fitness buffs ‘Proving’ their strength - 2:27 pm
- View Story - 2:23 pm
Commissioners award bid
MIAMI COUNTY — On Tuesday, the Miami County Commissioners voted to accept quotes and award contracts for several improvement projects.At their m...
Students participate in summer reading
For the Weekly Record HeraldWEST MILTON — This summer, young readers participated in the Milton-Union Public Library’s “Ready, Set, ...
Blood drives setMIAMI COUNTY — Tipp City United Methodist Church will host a community blood drive Monday, Aug. 29 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the ...
Korean War Era photos sought
PIQUA — In preparation for a program to honor Korean War Era veterans at Edison State Community College, the program coordinator, Dr. Vivian Ble...
Man dies in single-car crash
By Melody Vallieumvallieu@civitasmedia.comBETHEL TOWNSHIP — A man driving his historic hot rod died in a crash near his home Sunday afternoon.Ac...
ART for ALL! event set
TIPP CITY — Tipp City Area Arts Council will host its Second annual 6x6 ART for ALL! benefit reception and sale on Saturday, Sept. 10 from 7-10 ...
Brazil held to 0-0 draw by South Africa
BRASILIA, Brazil — Brazil started its quest for an Olympic gold medal in men’s soccer with a disappointing 0-0 draw against South Africa, ...
Rewriting the ending
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comEUGENE, Ore. — Katie Landwehr didn’t like how her collegiate career ended.So she kept going until she ...
A bittersweet ending
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comTIPP CITY — After helping lead the Tippecanoe Red Devils to the regional championship game during her junior...
Students earn dean’s list honors• FINDLAY — The dean’s list for the fall 2015 semester at The University of Findlay has been a...
Henry takes RA postASHLAND — Tyler Henry of Covington is a resident assistant at Ashland University.Henry is majoring in sport communication.He ...
By David Fongdfong@civitasmedia.comTROY — Troy High School will celebrate a century of basketball against one of its oldest — and most fam...
Full scale emergency exercise set
Staff reportsTIPP CITY — The Miami County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) and Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) in conjunction with th...
Human trafficking not easy to identify
For the Troy Daily NewsTROY — Victims of human trafficking don’t want to be in that situation, but also won’t readily admit whatR...
Stacy Ann Kline, 36, of 338 North Main Street, West Milton to Richard Eugene Lucas Jr., 40, of same address.Daniel Ray Brunson, 35, of 1209 Northbrook...
Manage mosquitoes while enjoying outdoors
By Melinda MyersDon’t let disease-carrying mosquitoes keep you indoors this summer. Instead, employ these eight tips to protect yourself and man...
Stay safe (and legal) when using fireworks
By David Fongdfong@civitasmedia.comThe state of Ohio has some of the most restrictive fireworks laws in the country.So while a small number of firewor...
Reacting with grace
My yard looks amazing! Well, I should clarify that statement. A 16-foot circle in by back yard looks amazing! Okay “amazing” is a bit of a...
A lifelong question for perfection
Many women shop, almost compulsively, for a specific item like shoes, jewelry, or scarves. In my case, I’ve been on a four-decade-long quest for...
Pence might want to add politician to statement
To the Editor,Vice Presidential Candidate Mike Pence routinely states that he is a “Christian, Conservative and Republican in that order.”...
Rich beyond belief
A few weeks ago, one of our great nephews posed a question to us. We were enjoying a family swim party — one of dozens we’ve had over the ...
Books for the younger crowd
It’s time to pick summer reads for the younger crowd. Students out there have probably sifted through the books teachers have asked them to read...